The London Borough of Hounslow (Hounslow), home to 276,200 people, is one of the capital’s largest boroughs, covering 56 Square kilometers and stretching from the border of Heathrow Airport in the west to Chiswick in the east. Strategically situated along the A4/M4 corridor, the borough acts as the conduit between central London and the outer west London sub-region including Heathrow Airport.
Hounslow has four main town centers; with Hounslow town center designated as a Metropolitan Centre in the London Plan; Chiswick as a Major Centre; and Brentford and Feltham as District Centres. there are also large neighbourhood centers in Hounslow West, Bedfont, Isleworth, Crandford, Hanrowth, Heston and Old Isleworth and 36 small neighborhood centers. The “Golden Mile” which is 2.4 miles in length, extends along the Great West Road(A4) from Gillette Corner to Chiswick Roundabout.
The Borough benefits from 1,225 hectares of Green Belt and 1,123 hectares of open space including Osterley Park, Chiswick House and Gardens, Duke’s Meadows, Gunnersbury Park, Boston Manor Park, Syon Park and Bedfont Lakes Country Park and many other Local open Spaces. Its waterways – River Thames, River Brent, River Crane, Longford River and canals – provide opportunities for leisure, recreation, employment, and transport.
LONDON BOROUGH OF HOUNSLOW IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED FOR BUSINESS
- London Borough of Hounslow is the gateway to the UK it also offers access to the City of London and to international markets via Heathrow.
- Hounslow is home to a vibrant community of small businesses, and a range of national and international HQs including, GSK, JC Decaux and Sky.
- Hounslow is home to thousands of entrepreneurs, start–ups and some of the world’s biggest multinationals. There are over 13000 businesses located in the borough, comprising around 160,000 employee jobs.
- Highest concentration of media and broadcasting jobs in London.
- Second highest concentration of transport and logistics jobs in London.
- Second highest concentration of ICT and digital jobs in London.
- Hounslow has one of the largest and fastest growing economies of all London Boroughs comprising of around 160,000 jobs and over 13,000 businesses.
- London Borough of Hounslow is one of the top ten locations for growth potential with ready to go opportunity sites.
- Hounslow is one of London’s most culturally diverse Boroughs with over 140 languages spoken making it vibrant and entrepreneurial.